|Options for Installing|
When you extract the product EXE to a location on your SharePoint server, several folders are created that contain installation files and Setup program configuration files. The root level of the extracted file system includes the file Setup.bat, which launches the Setup program. The list below shows the installation files for the Tree View Web Part, as an example.
For manual installation, you will access the following folders that contain installation files:
- Component.wsp: There may be several folders with names ending in .wsp, depending on your product. Each WSP folder contains the installation files for a specific SharePoint Solution. One or more SharePoint Solutions may be installed for each product component.
- docs: Contains the Installation and Licensing Quick Start Guide.
- misc: The MISC folder includes miscellaneous files, including PowerShell scripts for manually installing or uninstalling the product.
- msi: If a MSI folder exists for your product, it could contain multiple files ending in .msi. Each is an installation executable. Some MSI installers in the msi installation folder have both a 32-bit and a 64-bit version. The 64-bit version will include .x64 in the file name. Run the version of the MSI that is appropriate for your operating system. Do not install both.
- res: Contains files required by the Setup program but not necessarily needed during a manual install.