This article describes how to use the Alert PlusUtilities to automate configuration updates that must be performed when upgrading from Release 3.0 or earlier.
NOTE: The Alert Plus Utilities (no version number) for Alert Plus 3.1 will only work correctly with Alert Plus 3.1.
The Alert Plus Utilities (no version number) for Alert Plus version 3.2.38 will only work correctly with Alert Plus 3.2.38.
The Alert Plus Utilities v22.214.171.124 for Alert Plus version 3.2.52 only work correctly with Alert Plus version 3.2.52 and above.
Use the Alert Plus Utilities that come with the installer for your version of Alert Plus, or contact the Bamboo Support Team. We now have tools and instructions to run either a console application (for SP2007) or a PowerShell script (for SP2010 and SP2013) in order to upgrade or maintain single sites, all sites in a site collection, or all sites in a web application.
Before using the Alert Plus Utilities application, upgrade Alert Plus using the instructions that apply to your situation.
The Alert Plus Utilities application includes the following tools, each on a separate tab. Click the name of the utility in the list below for instructions about when and how to use it:
- Upgrade Alert Plus: For use when upgrading any version of Alert Plus. See Upgrading Alert Plus from Release 3.0 to 3.1 for more information.
- Register Site: For use when upgrading from Alert Plus 2.8 or earlier.
- Event Registration Info: For use when prompted by Bamboo Support.
- Update Event Receivers: For use only when prompted by Bamboo Support.
Running the Alert Plus Utlities
The Alert PlusUtilities application is included with the Setup program for Alert Plus Release 3.1 and higher.
Starting Alert Plus Utilities from Setup
Click the Alert Plus Utilities link in the Components list on the left, read the information provided, and then click the Install button to launch the Alert Plus Utilities application.
Starting Alert Plus Utilities from the executable
The Alert Plus Utilities application is also attached as a zip file to this Knowledge Base article. Download the correct file for your SharePoint version and extract the file to a directory on one of the SharePoint front-end Web servers in the farm and run the Bamboo.AlertPlusUtilities.exe application.
Requirements for running the Alert Plus Utilities application
Where to run it:
- SharePoint 2007: Run the Alert Plus Utilities on one of the servers in the SharePoint farm running the Windows SharePoint Services Web Application service. Refer to Topology and Services in SharePoint Central Administration for a list of servers running this service.
- SharePoint 2010 and 2013: Run the Alert Plus Utilities on one of the servers in the SharePoint farm running the Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application service. Refer to System Settings in SharePoint Central Administration for a list of servers running this service.
Required permissions. The account running the Alert Plus Utilities application must have the same permissions as the application pool identity account for the Web application where Alert Plus is installed. Refer to the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager to identify the application pool identity account for each Web application.