|Return to Storing Media in a Bamboo File Share Library Overview|
Following is a list of best practices for using Video Library with a File Share Library.
- Add, delete, and update media files from the Video Library.
- Do not update files in the File Share Library.
- Avoid updating files directly in the network file share. If you do, be aware that changes will not be visible in the Video Library until the next scheduled File Share Library synchronization.
- Configure the File Share Library to copy files to the network file share when new items are added. If you add files only to the File Share Library, you lose the advantage of using an external file system to store your media files.
- Enable support for large files in your Web application so you can upload files larger than the SharePoint default of 50 MB without affecting your other SharePoint libraries.