To configure this Web Part, do the following:
- Enter the Site URL. Type the URL address of the site you want to connect to, then click the green arrow button. Enter an absolute or relative URL. It is recommended that you enter a relative URL so that your site can be accessed via HTTP or HTTPS, and for portability when creating site templates.
- Select List. Select the Bamboo Navigators list. You can also use your own list to create your menu system. You just need to make sure that the list you use has similar columns to Menu Title, Description, URL Link, Parent Menu and Sort Order.
- Select View. Select the view of the list that contains the columns you want to choose from. The Bamboo Navigators list comes with the Navigators View which includes all of the columns needed for proper configuration (i.e. in the Menu Title, Description, URL Link, Parent Menu, Sort Order fields).
- Menu Title. Select the column that contains the name of the menu item.
- Description. Select the column that contains the description of the menu item. This text is displayed in a tooltip when the user mouses over the menu item.
- URL Link. Select the column that contains the URL address for the menu item.
- Parent Menu. Select the menu item that is the parent of the item you are creating. This is a lookup column that looks up to the Menu Title column of the Bamboo Navigators list so that you can create submenus.
- Sort Order. Set the order of the menu items at their respective levels. For instance, for all of the menu items at the parent level (i.e. the Parent Menu column has no selection), you can set the order in which they are displayed. For three child items under one of these parent menu items, you can set the order in which they display under the parent menu item.
- Select Skin. Select from a variety of user interface designs for your menus.
- Select a Language. Select a language from the drop-down menu to translate the Web Part user interface and tool pane settings. You can also create your own translation or modify the default files available in the drop-down menu. See for more information.
NOTE: The translation options for Spanish, French, German and English are currently all still in English. You must customize the files directly to translate the Web Part user interface to the language you require. See Customizing the Translation Settings for more information.