If you need to search one or more lists, List Search Advanced helps you yield maximum search results. Bamboo Solutions offers two search web parts and both present a simple, straightforward search interface for a single list without confusing field lists. Our web parts allow users to modify the scope of the search and also allow for AND/OR operator functions, providing functionality beyond the basic search capabilities of SharePoint.
List Search Advanced allows end users more control over their search options. The end user can select the list to search, and the list view for displaying search results. Users can use Boolean operators to narrow the information in the search results, as well as grouping their search criteria.
You can configure List Search Advanced to:
- Specify a set of lists to be available for the user to select from for searching
- Search within a List Rollup data view, created by a List Rollup (sold separately)
- Allow AND as well as OR operators to be included in the search criteria
- Allow criteria to be grouped to control the order of the search operation
- Force users to type in text when a Lookup field is selected rather than select from a drop-down list that may contain too much data
- Search within a List Rollup data view, created by a Bamboo List Rollup Web Part
- List Search Advanced provides you with the flexibility to easily create an advanced search interface to allow end users to perform a complex query on a large list such as Issues or Tasks using all available fields with Boolean operators and grouping