- Bamboo MashPoint REST API
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- SharePoint 2010 Foundation and SharePoint 2010 Server
- Workflow Conductor 1.0 and higher
The Bamboo MashPoint REST API, the companion to Bamboo’s MashPoint, is a REST-based remote interface to the data in MashPoint and SharePoint. The MashPoint REST API is a framework for getting data in and out of SharePoint using standard HTTP methods, and gives developers access to the entire SharePoint object model. For more information about the Bamboo MashPoint REST API, click here.
One of the many ways Bamboo has incorporated the MashPoint REST API into our products is with the Workflow Conductor Access SP via REST Widget. This Widget allows Workflow Conductor workflows to access data on external SharePoint Web applications (Workflow Conductor Widgets can already natively access data in any site collection in the Web application where Workflow Conductor is installed).
The following topics are covered in this article:
- Where to get the Bamboo MashPoint REST API
- Bamboo MashPoint REST API installation instructions
- Enabling the Workflow Conductor Access SP via REST Widget
Where to get the Bamboo MashPoint REST API
The Bamboo MashPoint REST API is a free component that can be installed on SharePoint 2007 (WSS and MOSS) and SharePoint 2010 (Foundation and Server). The MashPoint REST API installer (also called the MashPoint REST Extensions) is included in the Workflow Conductor for SharePoint 2007 installation package, or can be downloaded directly here: Download MashPoint REST API.
Bamboo MashPoint REST API installation instructions
Run the installer on one front-end Web server in the SharePoint farm where the Windows SharePoint Services Web Application service is running. Check SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration > Operations > Topology and Services > Servers in Farm or SharePoint 2010 Central Administration > System Settings > Manage servers in this farm on the server where you want to install the MashPoint REST Extensions for a list of servers running this service.
Required permissions for the installation user account:
- Must be a member of the local server’s Administrators group.
- Must be a member of the SharePoint Farm Administrators group.
- Must be a site collection administrator (for automatic feature activation).
Enabling the Workflow Conductor Access SP via REST Widget
In Workflow Conductor for SharePoint 2007, the Access SP via REST Widget is already enabled and included in the default External Data category in Conductor Studio. If you are using Workflow Conductor for SharePoint 2010 or if you do not see this Widget in Conductor Studio,see Configuring WF Conductor Categories for more information.