|Return to Configuration Overview|
Use the Assign tasks using increase or decrease the total work because the task requires less or more work hours. Keep duration constant option when you are adding or removing resources, but want to keep the due date and duration the same.
- JeffDesign has an assigned task – Write Requirements Documentation.
- The task has a Start Date of 10/1/2012
- The task has a Due Date of 10/11/2012
- The task has a Duration of 9.0 days and Work of 72 hours.
- The task has a Richard will assign a resource to the existing task
- The Work per resource will increase, but Due Date and Duration will remain the same.
Richard updates the task as shown below. QA One has been assigned to the task at 100%.
Richard clicks the Recalculate button on the Task Master toolbar.
The task now shows Work updated to reflect the work of both JeffDesign and QA One. Due Date and Duration remain constant.
The following table defines which items are recalculated based on the type of task.
|Task Type||If Duration is modified||If Work is modified||If Assignment Units is modified|
|Fixed Work Task||Assignment Units is recalculated||Duration is recalculated||Duration is recalculated|
|Fixed Duration Task||Work is recalculated||Assignment Units is recalculated||Work is recalculated|
Return to Task Master Dependency Settings