Migrating List Rotator from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010
Be sure you have at least the Minimum SharePoint 2007 Product Release (shown in the table below) installed before migrating. If not, upgrade your Bamboo product release before migrating. For more information, see Upgrading your Bamboo Web Part. Also, the target SharePoint 2010 farm requires at least the Minimum SharePoint 2010 product release shown.
IMPORTANT: When migrating from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010, you MUST select the option to change existing SharePoint sites to use the new user experience. Your Bamboo products will not perform as expected with the old look and feel.
|Minimum SharePoint 2007 Product Release
|Minimum SharePoint 2010 Product Release
|The List Rotator Web Part does not successfully migrate to SharePoint 2010. Users will experience two separate issues:
The List Rotator Web Part display fails. Instead of the expected display, the Web Part shows the error:
Web Part Error: One of the properties of the Web Part has an incorrect format. Microsoft SharePoint Foundation cannot de-serialize the Web Part. Check the format of the properties and try again.
When adding the Web Part to the page in SharePoint 2010, users will see two instances of the Web Part in the Web Part gallery.
- The first entry in the Web Part Gallery can be added to the page without any problems.
When adding the second entry to the page, the user will see the following error:
The Bamboo.HelperWebParts.ListRotator class does not derive from the Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPart class and therefore cannot
be imported or used in a WebPartZone Control.
|To resolve Case 1, delete the existing List Rotator Web Part instance and add a new instance to the page. Be sure to capture the custom layout, if one is used.
However, before adding a new web part instance follow these steps (which will also resolve Case 2):
- Log into the SharePoint 2010 server as a Site Collection Administrator. From the top site of a site collection, go to Site Actions > Site Settings.
- In the Site Collection Administration section, click Site Collection Features.
- Locate the entry Bamboo List Rotator Web Part and click Deactivate then Deactivate Feature.
- Return to Site Settings. In the Galleries section, click Web Part Gallery.
- Locate the entry Bamboo List Rotator Web Part and delete it.
- Return to Site Collection Administration and click Site Collection Features.
- Locate the entry Bamboo List Rotator Web Part and click Activate.
- Repeat for each Site Collection where a List Rotator Web Part resides.
|Database Attach Upgrade Method