Migrating User Directory from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010
Be sure you have at least the Minimum SharePoint 2007 Product Release (shown in the table below) installed before migrating. If not, upgrade your Bamboo product release before migrating. For more information, see Upgrading your Bamboo Web Part. Also, the target SharePoint 2010 farm requires at least the Minimum SharePoint 2010 product release shown.
IMPORTANT: When migrating from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010, you MUST select the option to change existing SharePoint sites to use the new user experience. Your Bamboo products will not perform as expected with the old look and feel.
|Minimum SharePoint 2007 Product Release
||Minimum SharePoint 2010 Product Release
||The User Directory Web Part does not successfully migrate to SharePoint 2010. Users will experience two separate issues:
- The User Directory Web Part display fails. Instead, the Web Part shows the error:
Web Part Error: One of the properties of the Web Part has an incorrect format.
Microsoft SharePoint Foundation cannot deserialize the Web Part. Check the
format of the properties and try again.
When adding the Web Part to the page in SharePoint 2010, users will see two instances of the Web Part in the Web Part gallery.
The first entry in the Web Part Gallery can be added to the page without any problems.
When adding the second entry to the page, users will see the following error:
The Bamboo.WebParts.UserDirectory class does not derive from the
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPart class and therefore cannot be imported
or used in a WebPartZone control
||To resolve the first issue, delete the existing User Directory Web Part instance and add a new instance to the page. However, before adding a new instance you will have to resolve the second issue by following these steps:
- Log into SharePoint 2010 as a Site Collection Administrator. From the top site of a site collection, go to Site Actions > Site Settings.
- In the Site Collection Administration section, click Site Collection Features.
- Locate the entry Bamboo User Directory Web Part and click Deactivate then Deactivate Feature.
- Return to Site Settings. In the Galleries section, click Web Part Gallery.
- Locate the entry Bamboo User Directory Web Part (there should be only one) and delete it.
- Return to Site Collection Administration and click Site Collection Features.
- Locate the entry Bamboo User Directory Web Part and click Activate.
- Repeat for each Site Collection where a User Directory Web Part resides.
|Database Attach Upgrade Method
||The issues for this method are the same as those noted for the In-Place Upgrade method.
||The resolution for this upgrade method is the same as that noted for the In-Place Upgrade method.