Migrating User Profile Plus from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010
Be sure you have at least the Minimum SharePoint 2007 Product Release (shown in the table below) installed before migrating. If not, upgrade your Bamboo product release before migrating. For more information, see Upgrading your Bamboo Web Part. Also, the target SharePoint 2010 farm requires at least the Minimum SharePoint 2010 product release shown.
IMPORTANT: When migrating from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010, you MUST select the option to change existing SharePoint sites to use the new user experience. Your Bamboo products will not perform as expected with the old look and feel.
|Minimum SharePoint 2007 Product Release
||Minimum SharePoint 2010 Product Release
||The User Profile Plus Web Part does not successfully migrate to SharePoint 2010. Users will experience two separate issues:
- User Profile Plus Web Part display fails. Instead the Web Part shows the error:
Web Part Error: One of the properties of the Web Part has an incorrect format.
Microsoft SharePoint Foundation cannot deserialize the Web Part. Check the
format of the properties and try again.
- When adding the Web Part to the page in SharePoint 2010, users will see two instances Web Part in the Web Part gallery.
- The first entry in the Web Part Gallery can be added to the page without any problems.
- When using the second entry to add to a page, users will see the following error:
The Bamboo.WebParts.ProfilePlus class does not derive from the
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPart class and therefore cannot be
imported or used in a WebPartZone control
||To resolve the first issue, delete the existing User Profile Plus Web Part instance and add a new instance to the page. Before resolving the first issue however, you will have to resolve the second one by following these steps:
- Log into the SharePoint 2010 server as a Site Collection Administrator. From the top site of a site collection, go to Site Actions > Site Settings.
- In the Site Collection Administration section, click Site Collection Features.
- Locate the entry Bamboo User Profile Plus Web Part and click Deactivate then Deactivate Feature.
- Return to Site Settings. In the Galleries section, click Web Part Gallery.
- Locate the entry Bamboo User Profile Plus Web Part and delete it.
- Return to Site Collection Administration and click Site Collection Features.
- Locate the entry Bamboo User Profile Plus Web Part and click Activate.
- Repeat for each Site Collection where a User Profile Plus Web Part resides.
|Database Attach Upgrade Method
||The issues for this method are the same as those noted for the In-Place Upgrade method.
||The resolution for this upgrade method is the same as that noted for the In-Place Upgrade method.