In April 2017, Bamboo released Bamboo.Logging v126.96.36.199 with the Q1 (2017) Cumulative Update of Bamboo component products.
In response to customer feedback the new logging version uses SharePoint ULS logs by default, instead of the the Bamboo logs. The main benefits of this change are:
- Bamboo Log files will not fill the C: drive on WFE servers. Previously, Bamboo products reported errors to proprietary log files located in C:WindowsTempBambooSolutions on each web front end server in the farm as described in Error Log Files.
- SharePoint administrators are very familiar with ULS logs and the ULS Log Viewer. When Bamboo products log to ULS, SharePoint administrators have one less set of logs to review.
- ULS log files can be more easily managed for size and archived, a feature that was not previously available for Bamboo logs.
Bamboo component products installed or upgraded after April 2017 will have the new Bamboo Logging deployed as part of the Bamboo.Framework.wsp solution, which is common to Bamboo products and globally deployed to the SharePoint farm.
1) If you have multiple Bamboo products installed on your farm, some Bamboo log files may remain in C:/Windows/Temp/BambooSolutions until you upgrade all of the Bamboo products.
2) Bamboo applications (e.g., PM Central, Workflow Conductor, In/Out Schedule Board) will not have the new Bamboo Logging until their respective CU’s are available in Q2 2017.
Please note the following for the new scripts:
The script installs all the WSPs found in the installation folder, in alpha order
The install/upgrade script deploys to all content web apps. If you would prefer to deploy to a single web app, you can modify the script or deploy via Central Administration.
Uses Upgrade instead of Install for existing components.
For additional information about how to use the updated processes:
Installing using the updated install process
Upgrading using the updated process
Uninstalling using the updated process