These days, companies need to share more than just documents. From training materials to commercials, companies are accumulating rich media like videos quickly. While SharePoint is pretty good at storing a lot of things, video and audio files have their own needs. Bamboo’s Video Library provides a centralized location for not only storing videos, but for playing them back and sharing them as well. The SharePoint Video Library provides several advantages over a standard Document Library, such as:
- An embedded video/audio player that supports multiple file types.
- Ability to capture and display metadata such as file type, duration, and resolution.
- Display of video thumbnails.
- Storage of media in the library, in a network file share using Bamboo File Share Library (sold separately), or linking to external sources.
- Ability to share links to videos or embed them in another page.
Video Library provides users with a simple but powerful library that is designed specifically for storing media. Upload or link to video and audio files in a variety of formats and locations, and allow users to view media details (like resolution and length) and play content using the embedded media player. Bamboo Video Library lets you centralize and organize your rich media the way it was meant to be.