The Send Email widget sends a custom e-mail to a user or group of users. Lookups are supported in all message properties.
Widget Limitation: If a recipient property is a lookup to another SharePoint column, the following SharePoint column type and data format limitations apply for the lookup value:
- For Person or Group columns, person or group data can be displayed using any user information field, as long as that field has data. For example: Users displayed as Name, Account, Work e-mail, User name, etc., can all be used as recipients. Multiple entries are supported for Person or Group columns.
- For Single line of text columns, the value must be an account name (DOMAINUsername), SharePoint group name, or e-mail address. Multiple entries are supported for Single line of text columns, separated by semicolons (;).
- Calculated columns are supported with the same format limitations as Single line of text columns.
- A lookup to a Choice column with the option Checkboxes (allow multiple selections) selected will only work if a single entry is checked.
- Lookups to SharePoint Lookup columns are not supported.
|From||Enter a single From address, using any of the methods listed below. This property defines the e-mail account that the e-mail appears to have come from and where replies are sent. If you do not enter a From address in the widget, the From address configured in Central Administration > Workflow Conductor Control Panel > System Settings will be used instead.|
|To (Required)||Enter one or more To recipients, using any of the methods listed below. This property defines the user or users in the To field of an e-mail message.|
|CC||Enter one or more recipients, using any of the methods listed below. This property defines users in the CC (carbon copy) field of an e-mail message. Addresses in the CC field of an e-mail are visible to recipients.|
Enter one or more recipients, using any of the methods listed below. This property defines users in the BCC (blind carbon copy) field of an e-mail message. Addresses in the BCC field of an e-mail are not visible to recipients.
|Subject (Required)||Enter a Subject line for the e-mail by typing text in the property field or by clicking the button to open the text editor. Add lookups to the Subject using the Add Lookup button in the text editor.|
|Body||Enter text for the Body of the e-mail by typing text in the property field or by clicking the button to open the rich text editor. Add lookups and text formatting to the Body text using the rich text editor. To add a hyperlink in the e-mail body that has a display name different from the URL (e.g., Bamboo instead of http://www.bamboosolutions.com), enter the hyperlink in the following format, including the surrounding brackets (): [URL(http://url.com) ,_Text(Text to display)]See Lookups and Variables for more information.|
|Priority||Select a priority setting for the message. Available options are Normal (default), Low, and Urgent, or Set Using Lookup, which can lookup to a field containing a value of “Normal”, “Low”, or “Urgent”.|
Select Yes to add an attachment to the e-mail message. In the Attach Items box, click the button to select an item that contains a file to attach.
|Click Apply to save the widget settings.|
Return to User Interaction Widgets List
- Overview of Lookup Selector
- Using Lookups in Workflow Studio
- How to Use Workflow Conductor Widgets
- Alphabetical List of Workflow Conductor Widgets