This tab allows you to map the SharePoint User Profile or SharePoint User Information List properties that are synchronized with the Active Directory service database.
NOTE: If SharePoint User Information List (WSS 3.0) was selected as the sync type on the Settings tab:
The Settings tab will not show any information since AD fields do not need to be mapped to SharePoint User Information fields. User Profile Sync will only copy field values from fields that exist in the “master” User Information List. If a field doesn’t exist in a User Information List that is to be copied to, no data will be copied and the synchronization process will continue. No failures are written to the log file in this case.
- SP Property Name: The available fields from the SharePoint User Profile.
- Property Type: The type of property; mapping fields of different value types generates a warning.
AD Mapped Attribute: The available property fields in the Active Directory service. These fields are defined in the ADConfiguration.xml file. For more information on customizing the Active Directory fields to be updated, please refer toSetting Up the Account Name Column for Syncing To or From Contacts Lists
Status: The update status of the mapped fields updates after the Profile Sync is run.
- OK: The SP property name was mapped to the AD mapped attribute without issue.
- Not Mapped: The SP property field was not mapped to an AD mapped attribute.
- Different Data Type: The SP property field and the AD mapped attribute property are not the same data type.
- Invalid Property: The AD mapped attribute is not able to be modified or does not currently exist as listed.
- Locked: This status indicates that this field is being used as the Account link in the cases that you are syncing AD to a Contact List or a Contact List to a WSS 3.0 User Information List.
If you need to use the AD to Contacts List sync type or the Contacts List to WSS 3.0 User Information List sync type to maintain your user profile information, then you need to create a column in the Contacts List that has a column type of Person or Group or a Single Line of Text. The column name can be any name as long as the data in this column matches the account name in Active Directory or the WSS 3.0 User Information List (depending on the sync type you select).