|Return to Configuration Overview
Besides configuring Video Library to store Files in a Video Library, it can be also be configured to connect to a File Share Library (sold separately). When this option is configured, your media files are stored on the network file share configured in the File Share Library settings.
Links to those files are created in Video Library, and thumbnails images and media file metadata are stored with the links. You can access and manage your media directly in Video Library, but files are stored in an external file system instead of the SharePoint content database.
Use this option when your Video Library will contain a lot of content, or when it needs to support large files.
- How the Video Library-File Share Library Connection Works
- Configure Video Library to Connect to a File Share Library
- Configuring and Testing the IIS Virtual Directory Path
- Enabling Support for Large Files
- Best Practices for Using Video Library with a File Share Library
- File Share Library Limitations
- Switching Between Storage Options