Highlights of Wiki Publisher
SharePoint wikis provide a great way for users to collaborate in the creation of content. Working documents that were once passed around by e-mail can be shared as wikis that provide change tracking and ensure that everyone is viewing the most recent updates. Unfortunately, the lack of a simple way to import and export information to and from SharePoint wikis limits their use.
Bamboo’s Wiki Publisher was built to overcome these limitations. This integrated SharePoint feature allows you to quickly import existing Microsoft® Word documents into wikis, and also effortlessly publish native SharePoint wikis as Adobe PDF® documents.
Wiki Publisher has the following features:
- Multiple import/export integration points are available from standard SharePoint menu bars and context menus.
- Import Microsoft® Word documents as SharePoint wikis.
- Images from imported Microsoft® Word documents are automatically embedded into new Wiki pages.
- Export single or multiple wiki pages into a single Adobe PDF format document.
- Automatically add a title page and table of contents to your published PDFs.
- Included publishing options allow you to insert page numbers, date stamps, and control pagination.
- Published wikis can be formatted in portrait or landscape modes with full control over margin sizes to allow for the quick creation of print-ready output.
Configure the Wiki Publisher for use with your Wiki Library
To configure the Wiki Publisher for your Wiki Library, follow these simple steps:
||Access the List Settings for your Wiki Library.
For SharePoint 2010 or 2013: Click the Page tab (1) and then the Library Settings icon (2) in the Page ribbon.
For SharePoint 2007: Select Document Library Settings from the Settings menu.
|For SharePoint 2010 or 2013:
For SharePoint 2007:
On the Bamboo Wiki Publisher Settings page, select the existing picture library where you want to store images from imported pages.
NOTE: You may choose to create a new picture library specifically for this purpose before configuring this step. You cannot create a new picture library from this page.
||Select a Document or Picture Library where you want to store images from documents imported from Microsoft® Word into the Wiki Library. Click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel to close the page without configuring anything.
Complementary Products for Wiki Publisher
You will find many of our products complement each other quite nicely saving you the time and trouble to write custom code. With Bamboo at the heart of your SharePoint investment, you gain access to a huge catalog of enhancements, components, and accessories that add the critical functionality your business requires.
The same components can be easily used in future applications and they all come from a single, trusted vendor, ensuring an easy purchase process and support you can count on. That’s the Bamboo Way!
Checking the status of a Bamboo Desktop application trial
Follow the steps below to check the status of your Bamboo Desktop product trial using the Bamboo License Manager.
NOTE: In order to check the trial status, you need to install the Bamboo License Manager. Please see Installing the Bamboo License Manager 2.9 for more information.
To check the trial status, follow these steps: