Release Notes for DWG Parser
NOTE: Release Notes will open in a new browser tab
|Microsoft ended mainstream support for SharePoint 2007 in October 2012. See Microsoft’s Lifecycle Support Policy.
At that time, Bamboo stopped enhancements to our SharePoint 2007 product line, but continues to provide support and bug fixes to customers with active support contracts until October 2017. Previously purchased licenses will continue to function after October 2017, but support for these products will end, and no additional bug fixes will be provided beyond that time. Bamboo plans to cease selling new licenses and annual support contacts for its SharePoint 2007 products in October 2016 to ensure customers will be eligible to receive support for at least one year after purchase.
|Microsoft plans to end mainstream support for SharePoint 2010 in October 2015. See Microsoft’s Lifecycle Support Policy. At that time, we will stop any enhancements for our SharePoint 2010 product line but will continue to provide support and bug fixes for our SharePoint 2010 products to customers with active support contracts until October 2020. Previously purchased licenses will continue to function after October 2020, but support for these products will end, and no additional bug fixes will be provided beyond that time. Bamboo plans to cease selling new licenses and annual support contacts for its SharePoint 2010 products in October 2019 to ensure customers will be eligible to receive support for at least one year after purchase.
Bamboo Solutions has also begun releasing Bamboo Apps to the SharePoint Store, for additional details, see the SharePoint Apps & Mobile products page where you can get the latest info about each of our Apps as they release to the Microsoft Store.
A separate installation package and license key is required for SharePoint 2013 deployment. For additional details, review the following knowledge base articles:
Understanding Bamboo Releases:
- Bamboo offers Trial, Basic and Premium support.
- Free Trial support expires after 30 days.
- For more information about Basic and Premium support, please see the Support Plans page.
- There may be a fee to upgrade from a major version to another.
Overview of DWG Parser
DWG Parser uses a server side service and web parts to allow you to define the attributes to be extracted from a title block and the SharePoint document library properties to be populated when the DWG file is added to the repository. This automatic extract of title block attributes aids viewing, searching and eliminates manual data entry error.
The DWG Parsersystem contains three components:
- DWG Block Parser – This component handles parsing of DWG file block attributes. It is installed on the SharePoint server.
- DWG Block Parser Web Service – This service enables the client configuration tool to communicate with the SharePoint server and set configuration information used by the DWG Block Parser. It must be installed on the SharePoint server with the DWG Block Parser.
- DWG Parser Client Configuration Tool – This tool allows users to configure the parsing of different title block formats for existing SharePoint Document Library Content Types. The configuration tool may be installed on any Windows client that can communicate with the SharePoint server.
Increase the log level for your DWG Parser
If you are seeing an issue with the DWG Parser and need more detail about exactly what is happening during the parsing, you can increase the log level. By default the log level is set to log just ERRORs. For the most detail, set the log level to ALL.
To change the log level for your DWG Parser, follow these steps:
||On the WFE server where the Bamboo.DocumentParserService is installed, browse to the installation directory. If you chose the defaults during installation, this should be C:Program FilesBamboo Solutions CorporationBamboo DWGParser.
Locate the file called Bamboo.DocumentParserService.exe.logging.config and edit it in Notepad.
NOTE: If you are running in a 64-bit environment, you will need to run Notepad with elevated permissions in order to edit this file.
||Change the line <level value=”ERROR” /> to <level value=”ALL” /> to increase the logging level.
||Save the change to the Bamboo.DocumentParserService.exe.logging.config file.
||Restart the Bamboo.DocumentParserService in order for your change to take effect.